Literary Legacy Competition
Thank you for your interest in joining the Literary Legacy Scholarship Competition. This scholarship is open to any junior or senior attending high school within a 10 mile radius of Legacy Place in Dedham. We are very happy to work with you to ensure that your project is a fun, educational and a solid work experience. Participating students will be paired with a business found within Legacy Place. Each student will meet with a member of the management team and discuss a topic to write a short article or blog post on. Preliminary applications must be received by March 1, 2017 to participate. Articles must be submitted by April 1, 2017 in order to be considered for one $1,000 college scholarship and two $500 scholarships. The three winners will be announced by April 29, 2017. ENJOY and GOOD LUCK!
You may contact us with questions via phone 781-329-3009 or email email@example.com
Below is a brief overview of the process.
STEP ONE: APPLICATION:
Fill out the online application, review and accept the rules and regulations and consent forms.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
STEP TWO: WHILE WAITING FOR A CONFIRMED BUSINESS:
- Start doing some research on what an article might look and feel like. The article must be a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 500 words (about one page single spaced), and can include a photo/video. Judging will focus on creativity, journalistic quality, use of photos, video, social media, and more.
- Take a look at other newspaper articles, magazine articles, blogs, and online publications for examples.
- Talk to your teachers and parents/guardians about article ideas prior to meeting with the Legacy Place business to help come up with topic ideas.
STEP THREE: NEXT STEPS
Once you are assigned to a business:
- Legacy Place will email you to connect you with the business contact at the store you are assigned.
- Schedule a date and time for you to meet with the business contact.
- Call the day before your meeting to confirm with the business contact the date and time of your appointment.
- Prepare a list of interview questions.
STEP FOUR: WRITE!
STEP FIVE: SUBMIT!
Email your final article along with any accompanying images and/or video to the store manager of your assigned business and to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and approval. Accepted articles will be posted to legacyplace.com.
STEP SIX: PROMOTE!
Promote your article via social media! Tag @LegacyPlace and hashtag #literarylegacy on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram using the official web link to your article on legacyplace.com